暂未添加该信息。

订阅本站的 RSS 2.0 新闻组

文泼主页 >> 文章 >> 记济 >> 浏览信息《Many readers were》

记济 | 评论(0) | 阅读(1943)
    查看详细访友列表 访友脚印

星期二   晴天 
    主题 Many readers were

Many readers were
    A man had a little daughter—an only and much-loved child. He lived for her—she was air max 360his life. So when she became ill, he became like a man possessed, moving heaven and earth to bring about herair max ltd restoration to health. His best efforts, however, proved unavailing and the child died. The father became a bitter recluse, shutting himself shox r4away from his many friends and refusing every activity that might restore his poise and bring him back to his normal self. But air max 95 one night he had a dream. He was in heaven, witnessing a grand pageant of all the little child angels. They were marching in a line passing by the Great White Throne. Every white-robed angelic child carried a candle. He noticed cheap nike shoxthat one child’s candle was not lighted. Then he saw that the child with the dark candle was his own little girl. Rushing to her, he seized her in his arms, caressed hernike max shoes tenderly, and then asked, “How is it, darling, that your candle alone is unlighted?” “Daddy, they often relight it, but your tears always put it out.Just then he awoke from his dream. The lesson was crystal clear, and its effects were immediate. From that hour on he was not a recluse, but mingled freely and cheerfully with his former friends and associates. No longernike shox shoes would his darling’s candle be extinguished by his useless tears.
    surprised when President Obama took his wife, kids and mother-in-law along on his recent trip air max 90to Russia, Italy and Ghana, based on the e-mail I’m still receiving. Some thought it was too expensive, othersjordan sneakers too dangerous. It seems strange these days for anyone to take their kids along on business trips. A hot trend in the revved-up economy of the past, combining business travel with family or leisure pursuits has fallen sharply. ’The mood now is all business,’ says Peter Yesawich, chairman of jordan sneakersYpartnership, Orlando, Fla., a travel-industry marketing services firm. Some 70% of business travelers in 2000 combined leisure pursuits with business travel, says the Ypartnership/Yankelovich National air jordan shoesBusiness Travel Monitor, a biannual poll. Many took along their spouses, their children or both, sparking a boom in child-care services wholesale jordansat hotel chains. But only 49% of those polled this year say they combine business trips with leisure, and fewer are taking spouses or kids, Mr. Yesawich says. ’’Road warrior’ is a very appropriate expression’ for the folks populating airline travel lounges these days, he says Seeing exotic locales with Mom or Dad can be an adventure, as we discussed last week. One Chicago executive air retro jordan wrote here that whenever she is overseas for more than a week, she takes her three-year-old daughter. This preschooler is ’an absolute trooper’ already comfortable with foreign languages and foods, the executive writes. But othersair max 360 say the stress of making sure children get the proper care outweighs the benefits. One author says she regretted bringing her one-year-old son on a speaking tour. Although a publicist offered to care for the child, the woman turned out to be a ’20-something vision in head-to-toe Prada’ ill-suited to tend ’my infant with mashed apricot splattered all down his front, giving off a whiff of laden diaper,’ the author said. Her speeches were punctuated by her son’s high-pitched crying as the publicist tried to calm him. International travel poses other hurdles for kids. Jet lag can be brutal to cheap gucci shoesa child who feels the effects but doesn’t understand why. As much as I hated to split with my kids, I always left them home when traveling on business either in jordan retrothe U.S. or overseas. I couldn’t imagine managing their care or asking them to adapt to my long hours and intense work schedules. The Obamas, of course, had plenty of help along, including Malia and Sasha’s grandmother Marian Robinson. And it isn’t particularly unusual for presidents to take their children overseas, says Doug Wead, a presidential historian and author of two books on presidentialmax ltd families, who commented on the topic in my recent ’Work & Family Mailbox’ column. He cites other examples, including Franklin Roosevelt and his daughter Anna, who accompanied him to Yalta in 1945 to meet with Churchill and Stalin.Readers, do you ever take your children on business trips? How about overseas business travel? If you do, how has it worked out max 95for you? Were your kids wowed by new wonders or cranky with jet lag?
    Struggling with redundancy or lower salaries, many Australian women are following in the designer footsteps of their American peers and resorting to renting designer clothes and accessories from online websites or buying themWe have experienced a huge growth particularly in the last three months. It seems like the downturn has done wonders for business," said Simonne Santana, founder of Love Me and Leave Me the first and one of the biggest fashion-borrowing websites in Australia."We’ve experienced record membership intakes and rental intakes. It’s obviously a trend that people have warmed to," she said, adding the site now has 5,000 members who can also buy used, or new, designer wear at a discount. Last year’s Twilight premiere brought an estimated thousand fans to the streets of Westwood, CA, for a mass love fest that showed the rest of the world that this Twilight thing was a bona fide phenomenon in the making. This year, the cat was out of the nike max bag and the fever pitch multiplied even further. Fans arrived as early as Thursday to camp out for five days to nab a spot at the front of the line, just for a chance to see New Moon’sstars up close and personal. They didn’t even get to see the movie! Nowthat’s dedication。usan Boyle’s change before and after her show at Got Talent. Susan Boyle, the Britain’s Got Talent singer, has been getting a makeover despite pleas by host Amanda Holden that she remain the same until the end of the show.Susan Boyle, the Britain’s Got Talent singer, has been getting a makeover despite pleas by host Amanda Holden that she remain the same until the end of the show.The volunteer church worker, who has taken the world by storm with her moving rendition of I Dreamed a Dream, was dubbed the "hairy angel" for her unkempt appearance on the ITV programme. Now Susan Boyle has been spotted near her home in Blackburn, West Lothian, wearing a stylish black leather jacket and what appeared to be a Burberry scarf.
    文泼 发表于:2010-2-23 14:34:33